I am definitely feeling my mortality. Two weeks ago, the whole family was sick with pneumonia. Mothers always have to help keep everyone healthy, right? Well, we seemed to be recovering and I had all sorts of great plans.
Unfortunately, mortality had a different idea. I have had a respiratory infection for over a week now. I have had two Rocefin shots, and two rounds of Zithromax 500mg. I am also on Prednisone. I have missed four days of work and it looks like I will miss tomorrow as well.
Dr. Staheli told me to avoid Nursery on Sunday. He said I am an RSV epidemic waiting to happen. Unfortunately, the whole family is speaking in Sacrament Meeting. I don't know how this plan came to be. It will certainly be interesting.
As I have been home, I have discovered two blogs that I really like. One is mamaswhoknow.blogspot.com. The other is redheadedhostess.com. Both have helped me concentrate more fully on my personal scripture study. I have to say there are advantages to being sick.
I applied for two new jobs. I had interviews with both. This morning Fossil Ridge called and told me they don't think I would "fit". I guess that is life. I am pretty sure that I won't get the one at Washington Elementary either. That means I either keep looking for jobs outside of education or I buckle down and hope to survive where I am at. It's in the Lord's hands now. I refuse to get discouraged!!
Now it's back to bed. I feel like I haven't left there in a week. (Oh wait, I haven't!) Hopefully I am better soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment