Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Pity Party

I was having my own private pity party today. I have been overwhelmed with stress at school. I hate having a filthy house, but never can keep it clean. I wish I could stay home and never work again, but still have oodles of money, etc.  As I was feeling like I couldn't take another minute, three kids became sick. Shalee and Breanna were diagnosed with pneumonia. Devin has bronchitis. Ashleigh hasn't felt well, but also has a major case of senioritis. Hence the reason for the pity party.

I was driving to Harmon's to pick up the prescriptions and stressing about how I was going to pay for it all. I was listening to KONY on the radio and a Darryl Worley song came on. "Sounds Like Life". I listened particularly to the chorus:
"Sounds like life to me it ain’t no fantasy


It’s just a common case of everyday reality

Man I know it’s tough but you gotta suck it up

To hear you talk you’re caught up in some tragedy

It sounds like life to me."

I thought that maybe I was receiving a prompting to quit complaining. As that song ended, Garth Brooks, "The Dance" came on. I wondered if Heavenly Father can send us messages through country music. It felt like it tonight.

1 comment:

PrincessLeeC said...

According to one of my EFY speakers, He answered her prayer by helping her with Price is Right. I would say Heavenly Father answers prayers any way He can. Hang in there! One of these days, we both will be rewarded for the junk, right. ;) Love you!