Saturday, January 29, 2011

Pine View Junior Prom 2011

Ashleigh attended the Pine View Junior Prom today. First thing this morning, she took a food serving test. She doesn't think she did very well. For the day date, they went to the sand dunes and sledded. She came home covered in sand and with a smile. I took her to Fantastic Sams to get her hair done and then off to the prom tonight. She is attending with a friend, Connor Van Wilkinson. They were on the swim team last year together (He for Pine View, her for Desert Hills). She looked absolutely beautiful tonight and he seemed like a really nice young man.




Shalee attended the Best of EFY today. She had a very spiritual experience and said that her prayers were answered. She was very touched by the talks that were given today. Her favorite was a talk by Brother Paul about setting boundaries with your dates. He gave her some of the fun one-liners I remembered like: "My body is a temple and you don't have a recommend." "My body is a temple not a visitors center." "My dad has a gun case and he is not afraid to show it to you." He told her to pray and decide where her boundaries will be when she starts dating. It was a fun day for her!

1 comment:

Barry said...

Here is what Shalee can say. "Do you know why Heavenly Father gave you two kidneys? Because if you bring me home any way other than the way my crazy uncle wants me brought home he is going to kick you so hard that one of your kidneys is going to land out in the street." Actually as crazy as I am he would probably be lucky to have a kidney kicked out of him. I won't tell you what else I would do.