Many moons ago, when I was younger, families spoke in Sacrament Meeting. I remember several times that the Bulow family spoke and I even remember some of the talks I gave. Over the last 25 years, I have not had many opportunities to see full families speak in church. Today was our turn!! It was a daunting task, but one that was achieved with great success. I am so blessed with the children and spouse I have. The following are the topics:
Breanna - Family Home Evening
Devin - Family Prayer
Brittany - We Believe in Being Honest
Shalee - We Believe in Being Virtuous
Ashleigh - We Believe in Being True
Me - Courageous Parenting - from the October 2010 General Conference
Phillip - What Have You Done With My Name - from the October 2010 General Conference
The meeting was a success. I was very impressed by the ability they each had to stand and bear witness to the topic they were assigned. I know that Devin and Breanna were very nervous about talking in front of the whole congegration, but they did extremely well. It was nice also that it was Spring Break and a time change, so many people were missing. :)
Brittany had a wad of gum in her mouth and was trying not to chew it. Instead, she held it with her tongue. This gave her quite a speech impediment. I was not pleased that Phillip gave all the kids gum right before they spoke. I couldn't help but laugh though!
Shalee and Ashleigh both wrote amazing talks! They are two amazing young women and I am a very proud mother.
The tender mercies of the Lord were great today as I realized how truly inspiring my children are! I hope that when I grow up, I can be as spiritually strong as they are now!!

No comments:
Post a Comment