Monday was Memorial Day. We started our day at the Saint George City Cemetery. We put mums on the graves of passed loved ones. It is so amazing to me to know that my Heavenly Father has blessed me with such a remarkable heritage. I am worried that this may be the end of the annual tradition. As I walked through the cemetery with my Grandma Seegmiller, I realized how special it is to have the grandparents I have. As the oldest grandchild, I have so many memories. Colored eggs, pancake contests, The Waltons theme by trumpet, yearly visits to the cemetery, 4th of July ice cream, trips to the farm to feed new calves, "The Night Before Christmas", "Mary Had a Little Lamb", the big pillow on the floor.... This week I realized that I have been more than blessed, but the time is quickly coming when we won't be together. Granpa Seegmiller was not well enough to come. He is basically waiting for the Lord to take him home. My will and his will haven't matched. I will be really surprised if we aren't adding a mum to our list next year.
Later that afternoon, I bought a new car! I thought a great deal about it before I made my purchase. I bought a Toyota Camry Hybrid. It gets 30 + miles to the gallon. Recently the traveling to and from school has added up. After Ashleigh's accident, I began to run all over. The gas was breaking the bank. As I thought about it, I really don't drive my whole family very many places. I decided that now would be a good time to invest in a smaller, more economical vehicle.
That night, we had an Anderson party. It is the first time that we have all met to do the graves. Normally it is my family and Loueen. This time, everyone met. We had a picnic and then went to do the graves. We were able to share memories and put flowers on graves. It was so great!

No comments:
Post a Comment