Sunday, June 20, 2010

Family Vacation


This week was our family vacation. Before we left, we had Family Home Evening at the St. George Temple Visitors Center. On Wednesday, we went to Lagoon. It was chilly and windy, so the lines were really short. Phillip and the kids started the morning on the Mousetrap. Next, it was off to Wicked. Devin HATED Wicked and I have a wicked bruise. After that joyous experience, Devin, Breanna, and Mom went to Kiddieland and the others did the fast rides. That night, we celebrated with Matt, Lisa, Gavin, and Alexis. We went to dinner to celebrate Matt's graduation and went to Temple Square in Salt Lake. 

Thursday, was a long day. I really wanted to do the graves of my Aunt Nannette and Grandma Bulow, so we made the trip north. Phillip and I had heard about a pioneer town named Chesterfield that was just north of Preston. Well, to make a long story short, it is WAY north of Preston in the middle of nowhere! Ashleigh was able to take some beautiful pictures, but it was so cold. The worst part was the outhouses! YUCK!! Penni Jensen was our tour guide and fed us a delicious "Squirrel" soup that tasted a lot like a beef stew. :) 

Friday was another day at Lagoon for the Marc Anderson Family Reunion. We had a lot of fun with family. it was a lot warmer, so the lines were longer. We also went to Lagoon A Beach. It was a really fun and busy day.

I have to admit how nice it was to be home. :) I love sleeping in my own bed. I think concrete blocks would have been more comfortable than the motel beds. HEE HEE! It was a nice vacation and a fun way to be together before Ashleigh has her tonsils out next week.
















No comments: