Yesterday, My dad and I took the kids to Cathedral Gorge and Panaca, Nevada. It was a lot like I remembered. Cathedral Gorge hasn't changed at all. Loved it! Panaca has changed some. The old Elementary School I attended has been torn down and a new one built. The old high school is gone too. The spring is still there, so the kids were able to swim. I was amazed at how small the homes of my childhood were. I have remembered them much larger. Thre was also a street I remember from my childhood. When it would snow, I would slide down it. In my mind it was a rather steep little hill. Today, I realized that there is no hill. I don't know how I slid on it at all. Time definitely changes everything. I was able to see many of my stomping grounds as a child. I don't know that the kids appreciated it as much as I did, however.
Most of the Gorge pictures were taken by Ashleigh. Shalee took the picture of the fountain.
Ashleigh had her tonsils out today. Poor kid. She was a real trooper. We are hoping that this will end the reign of strep in our home. Ashleigh had to be at the hospital at 10:45. Unfortunately, she didn't get into surgery until almost 1:00. She did very well. She is determined that she will not throw up. She hates throwing up! Every time she stands up, she is nauseous. She told me that she would be gong to the Roadrunner's game tonight with the Washington City Royalty. I am happy to say, she is sound asleep.
Ashleigh right before surgery.
The "after" picture. :) What a kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment