This weekend, Shalee and Brittany had a swimmeet at the rec center! Both did amazing! Brittany is the backstroke queen1 She took first in her heat in both the 50 and 100. When she masters her flip turns, she will be unbeatable. Shalee competes with the varsity swimmers, so it is a little more discouraging. She is mastering freestyle and backstroke. One of these days she will be our medley swimmer.
Ashleigh took the ACT yeterday. She said she would rather have gone to swim practice and she HATES swim practice at 5:00 am. She is overjoyed that Desert Hills High School beat Hurricane High. She knows little or nothing about football, but she loved watching the miracle occur.
Devin had a football game yesterday. His team won. He is getting better and better. He is a great little blocker. In his game against his cousin, Trevor, they spent the entire game blocking each other in big hugs. They didn't care what happened in the game, just that they blocked each other.
The highlight of the week for the older girls was the Jon Schmidt concert. Ashleigh and Shalee were able to go to the Masters class and be taught by him. It was so fun! Thursday night, they went to the concert. Each of them came home with autographed music and a cd.
Poor little Nana had to have the H1N1 shot. We are hoping to keep her well this winter. She was not well pleased but was willing to have the shot hoping to stay well. So far she has been lucky. She doesn't get to attend church and sometimes have to wear her mask. All I care about is that she stays healthy and ALIVE!

1 comment:
I am so glad to hear what you guys are up to on a regular basis. Good job on the swimming girl! Hang in there Shalee you will be the rock star of swimming in a couple of years. Your concert looked amazing. I wish Barry Bretton could have seen it. I can't wait to hear how Ashligh did on the ACT (32's all the way I am sure). Ashliegh at least you got it over with. I saw on the news last night that they changed the H1N1 catagory to a national emergancy. I wish I had an excuse like Nana does. I want to lock all my family up for a few good months. All the craziness and you didn't even mention dad had a knee surgery to add to all the chaois!
Post a Comment