"Jesus said unto her I am the resurrection, and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live; And whosoever liveth and
believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"
~~John 11:25-26~~
I believe! I know that He lives!! I have contemplated this week how much the Savior means to me. Because I publish this blog into a book for my posterity (kind of a family journal), I decided that it was time to share my testimony of the risen Lord.
I have always believed in Jesus Christ. I know that He atoned for my sins. I am amazed that He would suffer so much on my behalf. He didn't have to. He could easily have called legions of angels and demonstrated to the Romans and Jews that He was the Son of God. Yet, he allowed them to try Him and crucify Him. Out of love for me, He allowed them to kill Him. The agony he suffered in Gethsemane and on Golgotha is unimaginable. I complain about a sore elbow and a sore knee. I feel picked on when my elbow refuses to work and I cry when in pain. Christ suffered for all of us. He suffered that we may live with Him again. He knew before this world was, that a Savior would be needed. He volunteered and said, "Here am I. Send me."
I marvel at His mercy and love. I have felt His hands uplift me in times of trial and sadness. I have experienced the knowledge that know matter how difficult my life is, He has already experienced all my pain and sadness. He knows how I feel. He knows me and He loves me! He demonstrated that love with His sacrifice. How I wish that He did not have to suffer so horribly for me. I wish that I were a better person and that He wouldn't have had to shed great drops of blood because of me. Being human and making so many mistakes, I am saddened to think of the suffering He had to endure because of me, yet I am so thankful that He was willing. He has made it possible for me to live with Heavenly Father and Him again. He has made it possible for me to see my family again and to be with them forever.
His resurrection made it possible for me too to be restored to a perfect body. I know that this mortal body filled with pain and imperfection will some day be restored to a beautiful resurrected body. Christ did that. He payed the ultimate price for all of His brothers and sisters. He was the only one that could. I am so thankful that He was able to see the eternal picture. I know that my imperfect person would have called the angels and said, "What now? Bring it!!" He didn't. He allowed them to cruely persecute Him and to kill Him. Three days later, He arose. I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES!


No comments:
Post a Comment