Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Good News(ish): Graphic photos, so heads up

Good day today. I went to the doctor for my post-op visit. 

I was able to wash my arm and take all of the tape off of my arm. :) It felt good to wash my hands! After x-ray they were able to determine that, for now, the repair is holding. I am in a new brace. I am allowed to try and go back to work tomorrow, and I can drive myself to and from work. 

I am scared for several reasons. First, the bone still may not take. Second, I tire so easily. Third, I am a worry wart and like to borrow trouble. (I see the glass as half empty even when it is 3/4 full.) 

I am able to extend my arm almost 70 whole degrees. Hopefully over the next four weeks, I will begin to regain movement in my elbow. 

I am in this new brace for four weeks. Then it is more x-rays and hopefully some to good news. I don't want more surgery. Now it is time for faith and prayers. I can use any prayers available! If the bone will heal, all will be well. If I totaled it, then there is more surgery on the way. I'm trusting the Lord and will have faith that all will be well. He has never let me down before!

Last week - check out the gross blisters

New bruising - Rainbow Bright

New hardware for the month
Right before the new brace and washing up.




No comments: