I did something I never dreamed I would ever do in my entire life. To be truthful, I did two things I never thought I would. First, I took my kids camping without Phillip. Second, I went fishing with my kids (I even bought a license!)
I took Shalee, Brittany, Devin, and Breanna camping with my parents, Barry Ryan and his family, and Lisa and her family. Lisa arranged all the campsites and helped us organize the food! Thank you Lisa!
Phillip and Ashleigh ended up working, so I debated whether or not to go. Matt made sure my tent was set up before we got there. That relieved a ton of stress!
Duck Creek was beautiful on Cedar Mountain. I enjoyed the fresh outdoor air, the crisp, cool nights, and just watching my kids enjoy the beauty of nature.
We went fishing on Friday. For those who know me, this is huge for me! I don't fish!! I don't like the smell or the flavor of fish, but I had a blast! Shalee and I both purchased licenses to fish. Shalee and Brittany thought it was the neatest thing! They were casting like they had fished their entire lives. Devin and Breanna kept reminding me that they were like Grandpa. They like "catching" better than "fishing". Thanks to Barry Ryan, Matt, and my dad, the kids LOVED the experience of fishing. I even removed moss from a hook. Shalee teased me that I was such a girl. I have to admit that I may just take them again.
We had a blast! I wish that Phillip and Ashleigh were able to go, but I am glad we didn't miss a most amazing experience!!





No comments:
Post a Comment