Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anderson Family Vacation 2011

For our vacation this year we went to a cabin in Brighton, Utah. When Phillip's dad, Marc, was a boy, he lived in Salt Lake City. His summers were spent in Brighton at a cabin. The original cabin burned down a few years ago, but the new owners rebuilt it and invited us to stay there. It was a fun vacation.


Here are the cabins. The Feidt Cabin is where we stayed. The Perschon cabin is where the Anderson's used to go for vacation.

On Friday, we spent most of the day exploring the lake across the street and hiking. In the afternoon, we went to Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake and to the LDS Conference Center. It was fun to spend some time with family. Ashleigh and Tyler joined us Friday night, so we were all together. We had a talent show and enjoyed Mary's talent of belly dancing and the kids talents of singing, magic tricks, dancing, joke telling, and giggling.












Saturday was a really busy day. We went to Snowbird and did the rides. Phill and the kids rode on the Alpine Slides, the Zip Line, the mechanical bull, the tram, and the trampolines with bungee chords.  Each of them was in their element. They had a blast! I stayed out and watched the action from a bench. I tried to take some pictures, but they didn't work as well as I had hoped.




That night we were able to go to a birthday party for Alexis. We had pizza, salad, and the yummiest cheesecakes! It was fun to be with Matt, Lisa, Gavin, and Alexis. Matt's mom was also there with us. It was a blast!

It was a fun vacation, but I was glad to get home to my own bed. The bed that Phillip and I were on was on roller blades. As I would turn over, the bed would roll to toward the wall where Phillip was sleeping. When he would turn over, it would roll back my way. I felt a little motion sick trying to sleep on it. The kids slept on the floor in the room with us on sleeping bags. It was a crazy adventure. Next time I want a bed that won't roll!!

No comments: