Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Crazy Week at the Anderson's

On Monday Shalee decided to try a round off back tuck. She hasn't done one for two years. The last time she did one was in a gym with a mat and a spotter. Well..... she decided that she could do it. She had just finished running in track, so she was already tired. She landed on her head and neck. She has turf rash on her head, a goose egg, and a sore neck. At first, the doctor thought that Shalee had broken her neck. When they looked at the x-rays, they could see her muscles in her neck. She has neck and head trauma, a concussion, and has displaced her spine (in her neck). She is currently in a collar for a week. She is out of school until Monday. She is out of physical activity for at least two weeks. She has been pretty miserable. Poor kid!

Wednesday, Devin performed at Tuacahn with the Washington Eagle Chorus. My cousin, Jason, was there with his camera and snapped some pictures for us. Phillip went to watch Devin and I stayed with Shalee and the younger girls.


Ashleigh's choirs qualified for state. She will be going to state in Salt Lake City. She will travel two different times. In some ways she has been excited, but she is also frustrated that the state trips are right before graduation. On April Fools' Day, she played a joke and pretended to be engaged with a return missionary from work. I have to admit that it is frightening that she could actually become engaged in the next little while. I don't know that I like the idea of her graduating let alone getting married.

2 comments:

Barry said...

Like mother like daughter. Should we be expecting a December wedding? I can't think of a better person to follow after then yourself.

Barry said...

Just thinking that if she is like her mom you can expect to be a grandma in August of 2012. I can't wait to be able to call you a grandma and Mom a great grandma. What a beautiful time in life for both of you. Luckily for me it is a few more years out. :)