Sunday, August 1, 2010

Not very Christlike.

I learned something about myself today. I am not a very Christlike person. One of my neighbors is really needy. She is constantly wanting money or something. She pretends to investigate the church, but really doesn't want to join. I have tried to be nice and help her, but today I kind of blew it.  Last night at around 11, she called to tell me her husband wasn't feeling well. She frequently goes to the ER for little things, so I wasn't too concerned. At 4 AM, she started calling me every half hour. Her husband had a collapsed lung. I got up and went to the hospital with her. I had just climbed back in bed, when she called again wanting me to bring the kids to her. I took them over, and then brought them back. I also took them to church. After church, their daughter came over to use the computer. I was in the middle of fixing dinner. I didn't make enough for company, so I didn't invite her to stay. Then, I unplugged the phone and took a short nap. That is when I realized that I am so not a Christlike person. I can't stand to be used and abused. It really frustrates me. Just saying!!

1 comment:

PrincessLeeC said...

Not very christlike?!?! Did you see the list of things you did? Not very christlike would be me, who would look at my caller id, and not even answer to begin with. Don't be so hard on yourself. Life is all about working on improving. If you're too perfect, then there isn't much point. ;)