Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has Sprung!

Yesterday, we began our outdoor cleanup project.  The inside of my house took over a week, so you can imagine what the outside looks like.

We began the day at Home Depot. We needed some manure, mulch, and dirt for the garden.  When we got there, we were invited to race John Deere riding lawn mowers. The winner would receive 5 flats of annuals, second place would receive 4 flats, etc.  Phillip and I were the first participants of the day, and the rules changed as the day progressed.  Here are some pictures of our race.
The second place winner, overall.


I drive lawn mowers like I do tractors...I pretended the cones were hay bales and hit them. :)

The rest of the day was spent outside. I am sore and tired and have a horrible sunburn! I am more red than white on my arms and neck.

Here are the pictures of the finished projects.


My version of a green house. This hopefully will protect my tomatoes and cucumbers. Water walls were $3.50 each. I couldn't justify them, so I created my own version.


Here is our new flower garden. We created it for Devin's wolf project. Thanks to Phillip we had plenty of beautiful flowers.

Our last project was to replace our fruit trees. We have 2 pomegranate, 2 apricot, and 3 peach.



Phillip will be glad when my "honey do" list is finished.  This week should be grass in the back yard. :)

1 comment:

Barry said...

It looks like things are shaping up for you and the yard. I have gone into withdrawals without a fall and now spring garden. I am a little disappointed that the memory boxes were so small. It is a family tradition to have more memories than that little box. Can your memories fit into a box that size? If so, your life was worse than I thought it was.