Saturday, February 6, 2010

Washington City Princess Pageant 2010

What an amazing young lady Ashleigh is!  Tonight, Ashleigh competed in the Washington City Princess Scholarship Program. She is remarkable! She has been working on this for several weeks. She had to attend workshops every Thursday. She has done this in addition to swim.

Today, she began her experience with a princess luncheon at Staheli Catering. She had her personal interview with the judges at that time.
Ashleigh in her interview outfit.


The girls were photographed by Shellee Draper. She did an amazing job. Here is the picture she took of Ashleigh.


She did an opening number with the girls and dressed 70's. She had to have some 70's slang. She said, "Can you feel the funk? Fo Shizzle! Keep on truckin'!"

Next came the talent portion of the competition. She played "Norwegian Concerto" by Grieg. She was definitely nervous, but did extremely well.


Next came the health and fitness number. The girls danced to "Disco Inferno". Ashleigh had a great time!


My favorite part was the evening gown. Ashleigh looked so poised and stately. It was hard for me to see her so grown up! I was so impressed by her maturity.



The final portion of the program was the onstage interview.  Each girl had to answer 3 questions. One question was about National events. One question was about Washington City, and one question was a personal question.

Ashleigh's questions:
1. If you were president for a day, what would you do?    --- "I would try and help the economy. It is suffering bad right now and I believe that we need to do that because people are losing their jobs and living on the street and we need to take care of that as soon as possible."

2.  How could you get teens more involved in the city? ---"I think if we had more service projects and things to get people involved, it would probably be the best way. We could all get together and we could all serve together and serve the community, while getting to know each other."

3. What is one thing you would change about your life and why? --- "I would probably change my outlook on the world cuz sometimes I have a negative attitude. If I changed that, I'd have a positive attitude and I would be a lot happier person to be around."

Then came the tough part, the results!  Ashleigh's mother was a total basket case! I was a nervous wreck.

Ashleigh began by winning the Director's Choice Award.  This award was chosen by Stephane Behling and Sandi Stout. This is the award Ashleigh most wanted. It was given to the girl that helped the most and made the most positive impression.


Ashleigh wasn't sure that she wanted to be in the royalty. As a mother, I wasn't sure she should be either. :) The amazing thing was that she won Miss Spirit!  This is the award voted on by her peers, for the girl with a positive attitude and most friendly!  This means she gets to attend all of the events with the royalty!

Ashleigh as Miss Spirit!

Both of Ashleigh's grandma's were in attendance.



Here is a picture of the royalty.  Miss Washington City : Andressa Johansen, 1st Attendant: A'Lyssa Turek, 2nd Attendant: Brooke Dalley, and Miss Spirit: Ashleigh Anderson :)


Needless to say, it was an amazing experience and I am very proud of her!!

1 comment:

Keeler Klan said...

That's so awesome! Way to go Ashleigh! :)