Sunday, February 21, 2010

Don't Know What You Got 'til It's Gone!

The old saying, "Don't know what you got 'til it's gone," is certainly true this week. Phillip took the kids to his brother's cabin on Cedar Mountain last weekend. By Monday, I had 3 sick kids. By Wednesday, I had 4 sick kids. By Thursday, all 5 kids were sick.  Brittany, Devin, and Breanna ended up with strep throat. Shalee had a sore throat, fever, chills, and body aches. We thought it was probably strep, so the doctor gave her an antibiotic. Unfortunately, Shalee's just kept hanging on. I think she probably had a case of the flu. Then Ashleigh started with it all.  Needless to say, I appreciate healthy children more than ever before! This is the first time all five have been this sick at one time. I am truly thankful for healthy children.

1 comment:

Barry said...

What a lovely song by Cinderella. I miss those old school long hair bands. I am sorry that your kids all got sick. I hope they all get feeling better and that the rest of the school year goes healthy.