Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Free At Last

I am officially free of the brace. I start physical therapy on Friday. :( Hopefully I can withstand the pain! It isn't going to be easy, but I need to make it worth it!

I will be doing some exercises at home, but will never receive full range of motion again. Elbows aren't as forgiving as knees. When the scar tissue builds in an elbow, it limits the movement. I did enough damage that my scar tissue will be stronger than my ligaments.

I won't know for 6 months whether the bone is growing or not. It seems like a long wait, but I am trusting that it will be fine. The toughest part now is to start moving it again. OUCH! I wish there were a miracle formula that was pain free to fix me now. :)

Friday I will finally be fitted for my knee brace. It has been nearly 3 years and I am still falling. As a result I am in need of some stability. Especially being the one-armed bandit. When I was younger, I loved "The Bionic Woman." Now, I wish I were bionic instead of falling apart. I told Phillip today that at the rate I am falling apart I won't be around as long as I would like.


No comments: