This week I took my children to the traveling Vietnam Memorial that was at Veterans Park in Washington. We were blessed to have a veteran take us on a tour of the wall. He explained that there were more than 58,000 names on the wall. There are still more than 1200 missing in action, but more than 900 remains have been found since the wall was built.
I want my children to have a deep appreciation for those that have served. The gentlemen speaking to us told us how he had been spit upon when he returned. I want my children to have a deep appreciation for their freedoms and those that have provided them.
We were lucky enough to have a picture taken by Jud Burkett of the Spectrum.
Here are the pictures I took of the kids and the coin Breanna received from the veteran. Devin's jealousy was disappointing, but not worthy of too much mention here.
No comments:
Post a Comment